Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Road Ahead

After hanging out with a friend that I haven't seen for about a year and a half, I realized how my perceptions and introspective behavior at times can get the better of me. I have over and over and over again realized that the initial perceptions that people (including myself) have for one another tends to be skewed or narrow-minded in some way or another. People tend to be better than what I initially expect, yet I fall into a similar constant mindset.

Maybe it's because I'm judgmental at heart, despite my sometimes futile attempts to not be so, but it is always surprising to me when people and other situations turn out to be better than I anticipate them to be. By now, I should be able to trust God and His plan and His direction, yet there's still a struggle. A struggle to give in to what isn't what I think. A struggle to trust something or someone that I cannot physically see. A struggle to be able to humbly go against what might make sense and what is true. A former slave once wrote "The soul that trusts in God need never stumble nor fall, because God being wise and seeing and knowing all things, having looked down through time before time, foresaw every creeping thing and poured out His spirit on the earth...."

For a God that is so omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, it sure is hard at times for me to trust and go with what He has planned for me, especially in terms of personal relationships. Not being in constant contact with people can be troublesome for me and it can hurt inside when I don't talk to a good friend for a long period of time. It's hard sometimes, but that is when I constantly forget that the plan made for me will work its way out for the best. What is in store down the road and comes as a surprise to us is simply another curve along the constructed road. The planners of the road has every single hill and dip and twist and turn and intersection planned before any driver takes a ride on it.

Same logic applies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment